Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Etsy Promoting

Etsy is all about promoting your store, your items. I think they do very little advertising for themselves, let alone anyone listing at their site.

So, to promote our items, I create a thread in the Promotions forum everytime I post a new item. And it just annoys me to no end that people derail our thread to promote their items. Is it so hard to create your own promotion thread? Or are they just afraid that they won't get any traffic to their item? What's the deal? I wish I had an answer. It seems like it would be common sense, courtesy, to leave the thread they created to promote their item alone. Why should you steal their thunder?

Oh, well. That's my rant. Soon I'm going to make a tutorial of product photography and making your own lightbox. Seeing as that's my (Devon) specialty with the store, I think I can do that. I had someone ask about it on Etsy the other day. So, stay tuned and watch for more information!

No comments: