Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

August

We're almost done with August and this will be my first post! Real life conflicts will do that to you, I suppose. We had our vacation in Mexico with Karla's family and then my brother's wedding... It's been a busy month! Which is good, I suppose. I would rather be busy than with nothing to do. That would be so boring.

Anyway. Jewelry-wise, Karla picked up a lot of silver. And, as you know, silver is our preferred medium. We now have quite the stock-pile of supplies and jewelry. As soon as I get some free time (hopefully this weekend) I'll get some photos taken and more jewelry posted on Etsy. I'm hoping we'll see a lot more movement as far as sales go. I think Karla is going to make the leap and dedicate herself to jewelry to get it going. I guess it's a good thing she has a sugar-daddy to pay for her habit! (That'd be me...)

I was thinking of getting off Etsy entirely and designing a site for sales, but that would be so much work. And, I'm not sure it would be worth it just to save the fees. We definitely need to start looking for some more marketing options. The things we are doing are generating a little bit of traffic, but not near what we would like to see. I'll have to do some research and see what I come up with.

If any readers have ideas, we would more than welcome them!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I have been trying to figure out ways to market my site too. I know Linking is a good thing, so we could possibly link our blogs to each other. I have both and etsy and a regular site (www.carolynajewelrydesigns.com). With Esty you really have to work it, which takes a lot of time. With my website, I'm finding it's taking even more time. Check out www.peggyli.com. She offers some info and insight into getting your jewelry out there. I have also gone to several fashion blogs and asked to be featured on their sites. I keep bugging them, so one day I'll get listed, I'm sure. Good luck.
Carolyn