Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Higher Traffic

So, I have a counter on this page to tell me how many hits we get every day. We also earn advertising points through it. Anyway...

So, I was shocked today when I got my emailed statistics. We usually have anywhere from 0 to 15 hits a day. I about fell out of my chair when I opened the email. One Hundred and One hits today! That is absolutely amazing! I had no idea what I could have done to cause that jump in traffic. No advertising or promoting I had done previously had ever caused such a traffic load. I was exstatic! Still am, as a matter of fact. It wasn't until I looked at some other mail in my mailbox, that was an updated list of Jewelry Weblogs from About Jewelry Making author Tammy Powley. She had listed us there! I think that's the first real public exposure we've ever had. Thank you so much Tammy. Thank all of the great people on the Jewelry Making Forum and the great community you are! If you are NOT familiar with this (and there still might be a few visitors trickling in from other places) I urge you to check it out.

Here is a link to the list of Jewelry Weblogs that she posted. Please, go forth, check the other ones out. And, once again, leave us a note to let us know you came!

God bless.

3 comments:

Calyx Ann said...

"So, I have a counter on this page to tell me how many hits we get every day. We also earn advertising points through it. Anyway..."

Congrats on getting on the About.com blog link page! That's how I found you. I'm curious about your counter and your advertising points. Where did you find this nifty set-up?
Thanks,
Carrie

KelleyAccents said...

You can check out impressionz.com. It seems to be a pretty good setup, even though I'm still new to it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Jodi, strungoutIN from the jewelry making forum @ about .com. I've seen your postings and just yesterday realized you are the he in a we. I love that Devon and Karla!! Just the other day, I was describing a conversation or something to my own he, when I said "...my business...". My he said, "STOP! Your business? If I go with you to these countless places, hold trays and write down prices while you hold up sparkly stuff to distract me, you need to consider me your partner, Jodi!" I fully agree!! Tonight I'll show him your latest posting and give him a tray of beads!! "Please pass the roundnose Pliers PARTNER!!"

BTW, I just loved it when the thread I started "In the Beginning" was listed on the welcoming page to the forums or in the enewsletter Tammy sends out. WOO Hoo!! I like it that you are a husband and wife TEAM!! It's so easy to have different interests, and commitment to purposefully share interests. Good Luck in all you do!
Jodi